# State of the file system
- I have been accumulating text files for about a decade
- Plain text files are great for cross-platform future-proofing, flexibility VCS ect…..
- I’m sure plenty of geeks can wrangle their text files just fine with git and text editors ….but it’s not a replacement for backup and sync …..
- After many hoops, between machines my file system is lookin’ pretty convolded and I have some diffs to do
- Emacs can handle thousands of text files no problem but neigjer my text editor nor files are that mobile friendly