Ahhh, Facebook. The creepy way to connect with less techie friends and family.
If you’re default file manger search is not cutting it on your desktop you might want to try DocFether. It’s good for searching within the contents of files.
I am looking forward to trying this. I like this kind of function in Spacemacs speed-reading layer.
I was lured off WordPress by static site generators, wikis bells and whistles.
But then I had problems:
- offline sync between Android, Linux and MacOS
- Paradox of choice
- Complexity involved in rolling my own features to replace what WordPress gives you off the shelf
Why go back to WordPress?
- I need to support it, so I ought to eat my own dog food
- This WordPress for Android app is really good! ..easy Android Share link interface with other Android apps
- 20% of the visible web marketshare means this old PHP workhorse is not going to be replaced any time soon
- I repect the leadership if Matt Mulenweg as benevolant dictator and Automatic the 800lb gorilla in the ecosytem
Problems I have with WordPress:
- the Plugin freemium business model is not my cup of tea
- Wish I could do some more complex taxonomy stuff in the Android app.
- I never did master PHP and niw I have to reconsider my language priorties
- I wish I could use a graph database or maybe I should look into sqlite?
- Not sure how to intergrate this with git
- I want my content in Semantic Web markup for AI reasoners and SPARQL
- Can I turn my WordPress site into Linked Data dataset?
- Where to set the boundry for family and friend privacy?
- Linked Data in academics following Tim Burners-Lee?
- Custom post types
- Moodle intergration?
- OWL intergration?
- How to handle Japanese terms?
- UML diagrams
IndieWeb movement social media hub
Topics to aggregate?
- Programming languages
- Literate programming
- Linked Data
- Psychology research
- Google Alerts
- Mantis Bug tracker
- Eclipse plugins
- Other WordPress sites
- Statistucs Canada
- PEI data
- Eclipse Modeling Framework
- Google Sheets
- Wikimedia resources
- SPARQL endpoint
- VOWL graph
- Issue-based Infirmation System (IBIS)
- UML diagrams