I was lured off WordPress by static site generators, wikis bells and whistles.
But then I had problems:
- offline sync between Android, Linux and MacOS
- Paradox of choice
- Complexity involved in rolling my own features to replace what WordPress gives you off the shelf
Why go back to WordPress?
- I need to support it, so I ought to eat my own dog food
- This WordPress for Android app is really good! ..easy Android Share link interface with other Android apps
- 20% of the visible web marketshare means this old PHP workhorse is not going to be replaced any time soon
- I repect the leadership if Matt Mulenweg as benevolant dictator and Automatic the 800lb gorilla in the ecosytem
Problems I have with WordPress:
- the Plugin freemium business model is not my cup of tea
- Wish I could do some more complex taxonomy stuff in the Android app.
- I never did master PHP and niw I have to reconsider my language priorties
- I wish I could use a graph database or maybe I should look into sqlite?
- Not sure how to intergrate this with git
- I want my content in Semantic Web markup for AI reasoners and SPARQL
- Can I turn my WordPress site into Linked Data dataset?
- Where to set the boundry for family and friend privacy?
- Linked Data in academics following Tim Burners-Lee?
- Custom post types
- Moodle intergration?
- OWL intergration?
- How to handle Japanese terms?
- UML diagrams
IndieWeb movement social media hub
Topics to aggregate?
- Programming languages
- Literate programming
- Linked Data
- Psychology research
- Google Alerts
- Mantis Bug tracker
- Eclipse plugins
- Other WordPress sites
- Statistucs Canada
- PEI data
- Eclipse Modeling Framework
- Google Sheets
- Wikimedia resources
- SPARQL endpoint
- VOWL graph
- Issue-based Infirmation System (IBIS)
- UML diagrams